How to get rid of distractions in business life?
How efficiently can you use the working hours? Your list of things to do at the end of the day is not decreasing? Then it's time to eliminate the factors that prevent you from focusing on the job. The tricks you need in this article!
If things are not finished while working overtime, it is time to consider how you evaluate a day and the factors that caused the work to not end. Here are the elements that steal the time of employees at work most!
According to a study published in the International Journal of Information Management, office workers take an average of 64 seconds to return to work after checking their e-mails. Taking into account that dozens of e-mails are received during the day, this period becomes more serious.
That's why you need to focus on two things to keep your inbox under control and reduce the total time spent.
- Reducing the total number of messages received : You can leave the groups you are unnecessary or leave the newsletters that you are not subscribed to. You can also group these departments or people if you frequently receive messages from certain groups within the company.
- Reducing time spent on e-mail: The most important aspect of an e-mail is how much urgent response it needs. So when you open an email for the first time, answer the following question before closing it: When should I answer this? Next, label it "Today" or "This week".
Programs where group chats can be held, while creating flexibility during working, are among the reasons that decrease performance when used frequently. For this reason, we recommend following these 4 rules while using these programs;
- Use it like a sauna; Come in, quit.
- Programs; Set a time for group chat on your calendar.
- Be selective; The smaller the group, the better. The important thing is that people in the group can add value to speech as part of the conversation.
- Use it selectively; Group chats are good for some topics and groups, but not always. So you should pay attention to how you use it.
The main purpose of the meetings is to reach consensus around a decision. The easiest way to prevent unnecessary meetings are as follows;
- Master the agenda on what problems to discuss. This will prevent unnecessary waste of time.
- Ending unnecessary efforts by everyone attending the meeting with their computers or phones will enable the meeting to pass more efficiently and faster.
Smart phones are now indispensable devices for all of us. However, these state-of-the-art devices are also a potential source of distraction. You can take the following precautions to prevent the phones from affecting your performance;
- Get rid of apps that you rarely use or don't use anymore. Think about which apps are serving you positively and which are not, and make a qualifying.
- Reorganize your apps. Group your apps according to your usage habits.
- Change your app notification settings. So fewer receive only the required notifications.
Although open offices are designed to encourage sharing and collaboration, they often stand out as a distracting factor. Humming, light, phone calls, etc. It is not possible to get distracted when saying stimulating factors.
You can wear headphones or book a gathered room for yourself to see that you don't want to be disturbed. In fact, there is also a task for employers to do in this regard, which is to ensure that a department is found in every workplace with the concept of quiet working environment. We think that this will be a more definitive solution.